Disconnected systems cause problems for IT Services and users. Integrating your existing complementary systems and resources with your library management system will help your department achieve a greater return on investment and provide a superior user experience for school staff and students.
Oliver v5 provides flexible web API functionality to assist you in developing a seamless portal for your school services.
Examples of Oliver v5 integrations
School Virtual Learning Environments (eg Moodle, SharePoint, LibGuides, Blackboard)
- Students can conduct library searches, access course reading lists and view their personal borrower information directly from the VLE without an additional login.
Student Management Systems (eg SIMS.Net, CMIS, Maze)
- Student borrower information can be automatically updated from the details in the school’s Student Management System
Digital Media solutions (eg ClickView, Meet the Author, DVC, TV 4 Ed)
- Provide a seamless portal for the delivery of all learning resources, streamlining access for library users and providing a greater return on investment for your department.
eBook vendors (eg OverDrive, Wheelers, Browns VLebooks, EBL eBooks)
- Streamline the management of eBooks and encourage usage by offering a simple, integrated method for searching and borrowing eBooks.
External data sources, subscription databases and periodicals (eg external library catalogues, EBSCOhost, Britannica, Gale Cengage)
- Oliver v5’s Federated Search offers a clear, single-screen view and access to all internal and external data sources. It provides students with an easy way to access a broad range of relevant content and improves your return on investment.