School library staff are leaders, partners, teachers, information specialists, program advisors and more!
This infographic shares statistics and quotes from the 2015 Softlink Australian and New Zealand School Library Survey about this vital role.
Some interesting stats
- 58% of library staff teach IT and computer skills on a regular basis
- 55% of library staff are involved in developing curriculum
- 40% of library staff plan and teach cooperatively with teachers
- 64% of library staff spend over 2 hours a week doing admin tasks
- 78% of library staff say providing lists of resources for teaching staff is important
- 25% of library staff email information about interest areas daily
Click on the links below to find more resources advocating the importance of the library and library staff.