SLA School Library Display Competition
Join in the fun and submit photos of your library displays for the chance to win a £50 gift voucher for your library! Running from June 2018 to June 2019 - with a prize draw every three months - there are four chances to win. You can enter every three month draw and schools are eligible to win more than once (although not for the same entry - please see the additional information section below for more detail).
Displays will be judged by representatives from SLA and Softlink.
Entries for the second three month draw are currently open (closes 31st December 2018).
To enter, email photographs of your school library displays to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Displays Competition' in the subject line.
You can also share your images on Twitter using the hashtag #schlibrarydisplays
As well as the chance to win this is great opportunity to promote your creativity and library awesomeness and for the UK School Library community to share and inspire each other. Softlink ran a global Library Display Competition in 2017 - see some of the amazing entries and be inspired on this entries PDF or Photos library.
Follow @uksla and @SoftlinkEdu for updates and to see entries.
- Prizes - a £50 gift voucher will be awarded every three months. Entry date outlines are as below, prizes will be awarded/announced within two weeks of the following entry close dates.
- Prize draw one for entries open 24 June 2018 and close 1 October 2018 - now closed. Congratulations to Winner: Kathryn Houghton from Bancroft's School in Essex and Runner Up: Emma Suffield, Saint Wilfrids Church of England Academy. You can view their displays here.
- Prize draw two for entries open 2 October 2018 and close 31 December 2018
- Prize draw three for entries open 1 January 2019 and close 31 March 2019
- Prize draw four for entries open 1 April 2019 and close 30 June 2019
- Awarding of prizes - Judges will consider creativity, academic and literacy relevance, innovation, coordination, collaboration, student engagement and lots of other things including level of resourcing when choosing quarterly winners. If it's too hard to choose, they'll put them all in a draw and choose a random winner!
- All schools are encouraged and eligible to enter. You can enter the same display into every three month draw, the only ineligible entry is a previous three month draw winning display and schools can only have one display in each quarterly shortlist.
- Winners will be contacted by email and promoted/announced in relevant channels. Emailed entries will be shared publicly via social media and other UK SLA channels.